Wednesday 1 March 2017

THE HORSE

The Horse

Horsey, horsey, let me ride,
On your back so very high;
Let us gallop, let us stride
Make me feel as though I fly.

Let me sit so proud astride
While all rushes quickly by;
Brushing cares and woes aside
Take me to the seventh sky!

Oh my pony, pretty, pied,
Come and stand beside me nigh;
Let me mount you, let me ride,
Please, my wish do satisfy…

This post is part of the Outdoor Wednesday meme,
and also part of the Wordless Wednesday meme,
and also part of the ABC Wednesday meme.

5 comments:

  1. very very long tine ago I loved to ride them but the last 38 years I have not done that

    Have a nice ABC-day / -week
    ♫ M e l ☺ d y ♫ (abc-w-team)
    http://melodymusic.nl/20-h/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the vintage picture!! I've been horseback riding at a ranch in Colorado--loved it.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great old illustration! I enjoyed the poem (song?) too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute verse , I love horses but dont ride them.
    When I was younger I went on a pony trek which
    was most enjoyable.
    I like the picture of the horse and rider very 1940's.
    Best wishes,
    Di.
    ABCW team.

    ReplyDelete